On the front of your Mac mini is a slot-loading optical drive. The built-in infrared (IR) receiver lies to the right of the slot, and the power indicator light is at the bottom right-hand corner.
At the back of the Mac mini, you have two rows of features. Along the top row, from left to right, are
- the power button
- a security slot for a cable and lock
- an audio in/optical digital audio in port
- a headphone out/optical digital audio out port
Along the bottom row, from left to right, are
- a power port
- an Ethernet port (10/100/1000Base-T)
- a FireWire 400 port
- a DVI video out port
- four USB 2.0 ports
AirPort Extreme wireless technology and Bluetooth® wireless technology are inside your Mac mini.
Strip away the plastic film from your Mac mini and the power adaptor. Place the Mac mini on a firm surface right side up or on its side, and close to an electric socket. Your monitor, keyboard and mouse should also be near at hand.
- Connect the power cord to the power adaptor
- Put the plug on the end of the power adaptor’s lead into the Mac mini’s power port
- Plug the power cord into the electric socket